Hlášky a citáty: The Folk of the Air

by - sobota, ledna 23, 2021



THE CRUEL PRINCE

"There´s always something left to lose."

"I thought I was supossed to be good and follow the rules. But I am done with being weak. I am done with being good. I think I am going to be something else." 

"Here´s why I don´t like these stories: They highlight that I am vulnerable. No matter how careful I am, eventually I´ll make another misstep. I am weak. I am fragile. I am mortal. I hate that most of all. Even if, by some miracle, I could be better than them, I will never be one of them."

"Love is a noble cause. How can anything done in the service of a noble cause be wrong?"

"A spy. A sneak. A liar and a thief. Of course that´s what he thinks of me, of mortals. Of course that´s what he thinks I am good for."

"Because you´re like a story that hasn´t happened yet. Because I want to see what will you do. I want to be part of the unfolding of the tale."

"I know what it is to say the clever thong because you don´t want anyone to know how scared you are. It doesn´t make me like him any better, but for the first time he seems real. Not good, but real."

"Nice things don´t happen in storybooks. Or when they do happen, something bad happens next. Because otherwise the story would be boring, and no one would read it."

"We are children of tragedy."

"He doesn´t care, Jude. He´s never cared. That´s ehat makes him a monster."

"The ood thing about ambition is this: You can acquire it like a fever, but it is not so easy to shed." 

"You really do want me. And you hate it."

"It turns out that having kissed someone, the possibility of kissing hangs over everything, no matter how terrible an idea it was the firts time." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THE WICKED KING

"Power is the ability to get what you want. Power is the ability to be the onw making the decisions."

"She is a mirror, reflecting someone I could have been but am not."

"I´m no longer a child, and I don´t need comfort." 

"I have heard that for mortals, the feeling of falling in love is very like the feeling of fear. Your heart beats fast. Your senses are heightened. You grow light-headed, maybe even dizzy. Is that right?" 

"Kiss me again. Kiss me until I am sick of it." 

"A king is living symbol, a beating heart, a star upon which Elfhame´s future is written. Surely you have noticed that since his reign began, the isles are different. Storms come in faster. Colors are a bit more vivid, smells are sharper... When he becomes drunk, his subjects become tipsy without knowing why. When his blood falls, things grow."

"Perhaps I cannot be glamoured, but that doesn´t mean I cannot be broken."

"I wasn´t kind, Jude. Not to many people. Not to you. I wasn´t sure if I wanted you or if I wanted you gone from my sight so that I would stop feeling as I did, which made me even more unkinfd. But when you were gone - truly gone beneath the waves - I hated myself as I never have before."

"The point of a ight is not to have a good fight; it´s to win."

"But then the marriage will take place in the month of never when the moon rises in the west and the tides flow backwards."

"Revenge is sweet, but ice cream is sweeter." 

"You must be strong enough to strike and strike and strike again without tiring. The first lesson is to make yourself that strong."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


THE QUEEN OF NOTHING

"Prince Cardan will be your last born child. He will be the destruction of the crown and the ruination of the throne."

"We don´t always have a choice in our fate."

"Leaves don´t grow back onto a vine, cracked walnuts don´t fit back into their shells, and girlfriends who´ve been enchanted don´t just wake up and decide to let things slide with their terrifying exes."

"Love is stupis. All we do is break one another´s hearts."

"Do you know what makes people love one another? Well, no one else does, either. But scientists study it, and there´s all this bizarre stuff about phenomones and facial symmetry and the circumstances under which you first met. People are weird. Our bodies are weird. Maybe I can´t help being attracted to her the same way flies can´t help being attracted to carnivorous plants." 

"You will be nothing. You are nothing. You come from nothing, and it is to nothing you will return." 

"When his bloof falls, things grow."

"It´s ridiculous the way everyone acts like killing a king is going to make someone better at being one."

"It was terrifying watching you fall. I mean, you´re generally terrifying, but I am unused to fearing for you. And then I was furious. I am not sure I have ever beem that angry before."

"You´re already doomed, Queen of Elfgame. You already love him. You already loved him when you questioned me about him instead of your own mother. And you will still love him, mortal girl, long after his feelings evaporate like morning dew."

"Maybe it isn´t the worst thing to want to be loved, even if you´re not. Even if it hurts. Maybe being human isn´t always beeing weak."

"It´s okay to want something that´s going to hurt, I remind myself."

"How do people like us take off our armor? One piece at a time."

"It´s you I love. I spent much of my life guarding my heart. I guarded it so well that I could behave as though I didn´t have one at all. Even now, it is a shabby, worm-eaten, and scabrous thing. But it is yours." 

"A king is not his throne nor his crown." 

"It is the nature of the child to achieve what a parent can only dream." 

"That´s what mortal means. We die. Think of us like shooting stars, brief but bright." 

"It´s not easy to help a queen. They´re not supposed to need helping."

"The problem with coming through something terrible and big is that afterward, you´re left feeling all the feelings that you shoved down and pushed away." 

Jaký je váš oblíbený citát z této trilogie?

You May Also Like

0 komentářů

Děkuji za přečtení článku až do konce a zanechání komentáře :)